What are you going to do with all of those Euro coins you still have from that trip to Barcelona with Grandma Margie? Instead of keeping them in a drawer and counting down the number of days until you can afford another trip, try something creative—take on this awesome miniature plane build.
Wouldn't it be cool to turn this:
According to Instructables user Yobonoc, all you really need are some coins, a hammer, hacksaw, and some heat (blowtorch or a Falcon Punch would work). After you pick your coins (coins the size of a quarter are suggested for easier manipulating), you're going to heat them up, hammer them flat (but not to thin), and then bend them over like so:
After the coins are bent, you'll then cut the basic shape of the plane body, wings, and tail. The wings and tail can be cut in any design you like and then welded onto the main body.
With the main body in place, you can use a file to create cool designs and details in the metal. Then mount the plane on whatever you want. Check out Yobonoc's full instructions over on Intructables for details on the process.
If you'd like to make something more precious out of your loose change, try smelting it into a ring.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades