Do you want your old, dirty pennies to be shiny and glistening again? This article will demonstrate how to return their lovely allure using only three items: salt, lemon juice, and a jar.
- Lemon Juice
- Jar With a Screw On Lid
- Dirty Penny or Pennies
Put lemon juice and salt into the jar so that that the bottom of the jar is filled about 1/4 of an inch. The two combined will dissolve the dirt and tarnish off of the penny or pennies you are attempting to clean.
Place the penny or pennies in the jar and screw on the lid tightly so no mixture can come out.
Shake the jar 15-20 times for about 15 seconds, and then unscrew the lid and take the penny or pennies out.
Examine the penny or pennies. The penny or pennies should be clean and shiny.
- If your penny or pennies aren't entirely clean, add some more salt and lemon juice to the jar and shake harder and longer than you did the first time you attempted.
- If you don't have lemon juice, you can squeeze juice from a lemon into the jar. I'm not sure whether or not this will work the same, but I don't think it'll affect the result much.
- Don't try this with other coins; this method works with pennies only.
- Never clean collectible pennies. Removing the tarnish (patina) from the coin can reduce the value of the coin by up to 90%.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades